Thursday, April 2, 2009

Internet+Kids=Problem?

After watching the video and experiencing it myself, I have see how much the Internet affects children from a small age all the way up to their late teens. I think it impacts the information they have access too, just like the boy who commited suicide. I also think that the interenet impacts the way kids' interact with others, and may become a help in the way they become more social. However, Even though the video encourages parent involment in what their kids are doing on the internet, I think there can be too much of parental involment-- which was shown from the mom that was involved with her kids too much. As a future teacher, I am worried that parents may be pushing kids away by being too involved in their online life, but I also think that there can be not enough involvment. I think parents need to find the medium level in being involved but not too involved. I think as educators we do need to make sure we inform students about the problems that could go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment